Tomato Zucchini Bisque

 
I made the most delicious tomato-zucchini bisque.  It is from the cookbook, Clinton St. Baking Company.  I wrote to them, to get permission to share a few of their recipes and hopefully, I will get a response. 


The tomato zucchini bisque is a soup to make.  We love it and fortunately, I made enough for two meals.  It filled us up and we did not want anything else although we did get hungry later.  I suggest a big salad with it or use it as a first course.  It is a hearty soup and it is filled with flavor.  Considering all the vegetables in it, it has to be rich in taste.

Think two kinds of onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic.  Part of the soup is blended and part is left so you have some of the chunk which we love.

The cookbook is one that gears itself to anyone who eats (not counting special diets).  It has the food, we really like.  I selected so many recipes to make, it is going to take me quite a while.  What struck me the most were the muffins.  Listen to this line-up which I plan to bake.

Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Cherry Crumb Muffins (first on my list)
Banana Chocolate chunk Muffins
Raspberry Yogurt Muffins
Sunshine Yogurt Muffins
Apple Raisin Bran Muffins

Which one would you make first?

It has traditional recipes, biscuits, scones, eggs, pancakes, soups, sides and a section of condiments.  Of course, there is dessert and a few sections, I have not listed.  Get the book and find out for yourself.  You won't be sorry.

Unfortunately, for me, some of the wonderful dishes can't be made kosher and keep their authenticity such as the corn and clam chowder soup.  I love corn and I am wondering if it could be made as a corn soup, omitting the clams.  There is a maple roasted squash soup.....yummy.

In the dessert section, I am interested in the flourless chocolate cake, the salted peanut butter sauce, maple bourbon pecan pie and every one of the cookies.  These are only my first choice selections.  Honestly, there is little in the book, I don't want to make.

The book is written by a hardworking couple, Dede Lahman and Neil Kleinberg.  I enjoyed reading the book and discovering how the restaurant, they run, came to be.  As foodies, there is a lot of interesting information, you will benefit by.

I think, you have guessed, I like the book.     Soup   






linked to

Comments

  1. The soup sounds wonderful! I may have to go and buy that book (I AM a sucker for good cookbooks :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That soup sounds wonderful! My 6yo loves soup, and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added this to the menu in a couple of weeks, it looks great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup looks light and wonderfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love it when you get a cookbook that is so inspiring?! the soup looks amazing and your kitchen is going to smell divine with all that baking going on! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost