Oreo Crunch Muffins - Taste and Create - Gluten Alarm
Participating in Taste and Create is always fun to do. I love going through a new blog and selecting recipes to make. Taste and Create gives you the opportunity to do this.
My partner is Erika from The Teenage Taste. According to her bio, Ericka is all of fifteen and her wonderful blog expresses the beauty of youth. It is a refreshing blog with recipes, we all love. At first, I was going to make the frittata but in reality, I had no time to serve it. I had to force myself (if you believe this, .......) to look at the sweets and I decided to go with these Oreo Crunch cookies. I have no idea if Oreos are kosher but I do have a brand that looks like Oreos that I used in place of it.
The muffins are easy to make. I ended up with too much cookie crunch and I have a cup waiting for me to do something with it. Perhaps, make more of the delicious muffins.
***** The cookies have gluten in them so I left the rest of recipe as printed with a few minor changes.
Oreo Crunch Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar, separated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened (I used oil)
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (I used Tofutti sour cream.)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups Oreos, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin tin and set aside. (I used paper inserts.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream ½ cup sugar, butter, oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently stir in milk, then fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
My grandchildren would flip over these .
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Sweet Treats Thursdays