I could start a Dorie Fan Club - Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

While, I do belong to two baking groups, using Dorie's book, Baking From My Home to Yours, I am still baking her recipes, on my own, to play catch-up with the original group.  When I bake for company or an occasion, I usually check out this book first and then if I don't see what I want, I look elsewhere.  I have such respect and admiration for Dorie.  She writes with charm and warmth.  I feel like she is an old friend, talking directly to me.

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins  

    Baking From My Home to Yours – Adapted from Dorie Greenspan

Ingredients:

2/3 cup sugar or agave
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 cups all gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup non dairy sour cream
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons poppy seeds

Method:

Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fit the molds with paper muffin cups. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.

In a large bowl, rub the sugar and the lemon zest together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and the fragrance of the lemon strong.

Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and oil together until well blended.

Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Don’t worry about being thorough-a few lumps are better than over-mixing the batter.

Stir in the poppy seeds. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold. Cool the muffins completely on the rack.

Hearth N' Soul with A Moderate Life
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays 

Comments

  1. This looks good! I have BFMHTY too, have not made this yet! Dorie's recipes are always a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe we love for Lemon poppy seed loaf, but muffins would make it way better for a family of 2; I'mm sure they must freeze well; thanks.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is the second post I saw with poppy seeds....looks so delicious, I am inspired to bake some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I havent tried Lemon poppy seed yet.This is so good.Your goodies looks and sounds good to me.My problem is theres no gluten free powder here although you told me that all purpose flour is alright,I still want to experience the gluten free taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorie's recipes are fantastic, aren't they? I love lemon poppyseed muffins and these look extra special with the addition of sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's breakfast time in my neck of the woods...this would be so yummy!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that lemon and poppy are a classic combo, but I have never tried them yet. I'm like you - I love everything I try from all of Dorie's cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound lovely, Chaya. Lemon and poppyseed muffins are one of my favourites, but I have never actually made them myself. This looks like a great recipe to start with. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipe at Muffin Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost