Sagaponack Corn Pudding -- Ina

When, I was younger, I thought that I was in control.   Sure, I believed in God but for some crazy reason, I planned and plotted and things worked out.  I patted myself on the back and took the credit.  The truth was, I needed to feel in control.  That kept me secure and safe.  

That only works when life does not throw you a curve and I was thrown some difficult challenges that I could not control, no matter how much I tried.  I grew up then.  I realized, I had to live according to what is presented to me and I had to do the best I could with what was given to me.  You know, "When fate hands us a lemon, let's try to make a lemonade.Dale Carnegie

How often do we hear that quote?  How often do we think about what it really means?  And....... how does it relate to corn pudding?  After all, discussing how to improve our lives sounds like it has little relation to Sagaponack corn pudding.  (Sagaponack is a village in the town of Southampton in Suffolk County, New York, United States.  I am guessing that is where Ina has a home.)

Here goes...... I was looking for some Ina pasta recipes for Ina's Garden (the new group) since our theme is Pasta with Pizazz.  What came up?  Yep, you guessed it.  Sagaponack Corn Pudding.  If we make lemon juice when we are given lemons, we make Sagaponack Corn Pudding when we are given a corn recipe.

Here it is in all its goodness.

Sagaponack Corn Pudding  (adapted from Barefoot Contessa Family Style)



Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 3 cups frozen corn
  • 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • salt to taste
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup (6 ounces) chopped cheddar 

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the inside of square baking dish.

Melt the margarine with the oil in a  large saute pan and saute the corn and onion over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Cool slightly.

Beat together the eggs, milk, and half-and-half in a large bowl. Slowly add in the cornmeal and then the ricotta. Add the parsley, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked corn mixture and  cheddar, and then pour into the baking dish

 Bake the pudding for 40 to 45 minutes until the top begins to brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.



Comments

  1. Ha! Looks like it was quite the success :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that ever look and sound amazing! Half-and-half AND ricotta cheese - it has to be delicious. Ina has the best recipes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost