Peach Pie Smoothie

Picture of Peach Pie Smoothie RecipePhoto: Peach Pie Smoothie Recipe Food Network photo
I saw the name Peach Pie Smoothie and had to make it.  I am sure if this had been called a peach smoothie, the recipe would have been the same and I would have passed it by.  I am sure, I am not the only one who is attracted by the name of a recipe or the ingredients.  So, because of the word, "pie", we are drinking healthy and delicious peach drinks.  I have a feeling, next time, I make this, I will add almond flavoring and blueberries to the peaches for a variation.

Peach Pie Smoothie
Adapted Ellie Krieger,
Prep Time: 5 min       serving, 2 cups

Ingredients:  (I doubled this or we would not have enough.  We drank it with a savory lunch and it was just right for this.  I only doubled the milk, yogurt and peaches.  It did not need additional flavoring.  If you like it sweeter, add another tablespoon honey.)

  • 1/2 cup nonfat or 1 percent lowfat milk
  • 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
  • 1 cup frozen unsweetened peaches
  • 1 tablespoon honey, plus more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Pinch ground nutmeg
  • Pinch ground ginger

Method:

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 

Comments

  1. I love your idea of drinking this with lunch -- who needs a milkshake when you could have something just as delicious that's also healthy? It looks really refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was excellent. My niece came over and she had the smoothie for lunch. My hubby was working up a sweat outside doing yard work, so the smoothie was a great refresher/energizer for him. I got left overs :( but will be making this again JUST for me. Loved it.
    *I will add more peaches and also use fresh when available. I think that will add to the peachy flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really look good Chaya; great pick! Sorry I haven't been cooking along with all you CEiMB girls lately, but I look forward to getting back into it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds delicious!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost