This cake was made under fire. The Sabbath was upon us and I had about an hour to go and this cake baked for that long. I have never worked this fast but speed produced a light and subtle tasting cake that we enjoyed.
Blueberry Loaf Cake (ever so slightly adapted)
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used a gluten-free mix.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.