Cardamom Rice Pilaf FFwD

For many of us rice does not bring up images of deliciousness.  I think rice only becomes delicious based on that it is covered with or what is included inside.  This was a simple recipe and we liked it.  We are not spicy eaters so the cardamom and onions were enough,

Cardamom Rice Pilaf is the choice, this week for French Fridays with Dorie. 
I have not used cardamom often so it is always a treat to use it.  I should add it to other dishes and see what it does.


 This recipe can be found in Dorie Greenspan's Around my French Table.  To see what others have made, check this out. French Friday's with Dorie.




















Comments

  1. Your pilaf looks quite tasty. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear this one was a winner for you. I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cardamom is a sweet spice, it tends lot of flavor in anything. Love this rice pilaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cardamom does not always get the attention it deserves. I am not sure if it is the cost of it or because it may be a strange spice to many people.

    Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana and I were not too excited going into this recipe but we both really enjoyed the results. I know in part that the lower our expectations are - it helps :) but this one was great regardless. I was also pleased because I had tried cardomom only once before and had not cared for the dish - so this was cardomom redemption for me. Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this one too. I tend to use cardamom more in baked goods than something savory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost