Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau


It says, "thai" so I have to like the Thai Chicken San Choy Bau that we are making this week in our Donna Hay Wednesday group.  It was a bit spicy and the chopped chicken was a nice change of pace.

Kayte selected this recipe from On the Shelf on page 124.  


I tried it with the greens and it was very good and then I put it on spaghetti and it was spectacular.  My toddler granddaughter even liked it.  Must have been the hot sauce.



I used romaine for the greens and I subbed in red pepper and added some Sirracha to spice it up to make up for the real chilis.

Do check out the other cooks' dishes at our  Wednesday with Donna Hay site.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great from where I am sitting! I diced up my little chili peppers very tiny as I don't like too much spice and they sort of disappeared in the whole mess while they were cooking down so I think I should keep them larger as a little spice is nice. :-) Other than that, I would keep it all the same, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this dish too. Yours looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and creative idea to put it over pasta! Thai recipes have interesting spices and flavor. Sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty with all that green. With spaghetti. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chaya:)
    I haven't been doing too much blogging lately but I did want to drop by to say hi. Looks like you've been taking a bit of a hiatus too. Hope all is well in your little corner of the world, Louise:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made this recipe now with pork, chicken and beef mince. With and without beensprouts depending on availability and sometimes without coriander. It has been delicious every time.


    ~Marriane@D Liche

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.