Seasoned Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes

These potatoes turned out to be ever so much better than I could have expected.  I love potatoes and love them even more so, when cooked in the oven.  The very best way is to season it and roast at 475 degrees.  I had to almost tie myself to the bed, not to go to the kitchen, in the middle of the night to have some more.  They kept popping up, in my head, and the simple vision brought on hunger pangs, directed to the potatoes.  Fortunately, I was more tired than hungry and slept well, forgetting about my potatoes.




I would like to say, I have a special trick or a new technique or even a secret ingredient.  I don't.  This is a mundane recipe that produces a superior potato dish.  This is the kind of recipe, I dream of.  It is just that good.  (As far as the seasoning goes, use what you like.  I ended up using mostly Italian seasoning because it has the kind of seasoning so many recipes use with potatoes.)  Oh, did I say, this is an easy recipe?




Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:
 1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil 
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley 
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

Method:  

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine oil,  basil, Italian seasoning, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. 

Place potatoes in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined  baking sheet.



Comments

  1. Such a simple recipe that looks delicious! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicious , I have some dill in my garden,try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes something like this using onion soup mix in place of the other seasonings...and my hubby goes crazy for it! He requests it just about every time we have dinner there. I think he'd love this too -- I'm going to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost