Paula Deen has some wonderful recipes, this included, but I can't use butter like she does. I alter her recipes by subbing oil for butter except for cookies where I use sugar. I also usually, cut down the amount of fat used and the baked good is still delicious.
Chewy Butterscotch Pecan Cookies – Paula Deen (adapted)
3 cups gluten free mixture (rice, tapioca and potato starch)
1 cup pecans
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine, softened
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1⁄4 cup molasses
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add flour, pecans, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; process until nuts are finely ground into flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugars at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add molasses, eggs, and vanilla; beat on low speed just until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until dough forms.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. (Do not flatten.)
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly flattened.
- Let cool on pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Celebrity Cook Along - Paula Deen