Spicy Chicken Patties

I have discovered my love for Indian recipes and since, there are the most extraordinary Indian blogs, online, I have a source for interesting and unique recipes besides the old standbys which are new to me.  I have some chicken leftover and I decided I was in the mood, for chicken patties, after having no appetite all afternoon.  When I saw this recipe, I jumped to make it.


Spicy Chicken Patties

(1 1/4 lb) boneless chicken breasts (fillets), skinned
(3 oz/1 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
4 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
(1 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
salt and cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten
60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) vegetable oil
tomato wedges and spring onion tassels, to garnish

1. Wash chicken breasts (fillets) and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Finely mince chicken and put into a large bowl with half the breadcrumbs and the onions, tomatoes, coriander, ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, salt and cayenne pepper to taste, and egg.
3. Mix thoroughly, then divide into 18 pieces and form into patties.
4. Roll patties in remaining breadcrumbs to coat all over.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
6. Fry patties in 2 or 3 batches for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and golden brown on both sides and no longer pink in centres.
7. Drain on absorbentkitchen paper.
Serve hot, garnished with tomato wedges and spring onion tassels.

Serves 6.


Linked to Hearth n Soul at A Moderate Life
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies

Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays 
Recipe Round Table 
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie

Comments

  1. I know for sure this would be hit at my house; a bit exotic but not too strong; great phto.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I started to love more Indian food after I got to know my Indian neighbor. :-) This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aint at all suprised that u jumped to make this recipe :-)
    Its so spicy'ly delicious and at the same time aint too pungent, which i love.
    Oh yeah i love Indian food too and look forward to relish some goodies!
    And so would have loved to enjoy these , specially with u and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! So many flavors in those patties that we would love at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love Indian food too, though I have never cooked it. I guess I am afraid. These look fairly simple so...maybe I will jump on out there. My daughter and I like to go to a place in Dallas that has awesome food but we have also been to an Indian food place that was terrible. That sort of made me think I might not could do it. hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost