|Spicy Chicken Patties|
(1 1/4 lb) boneless chicken breasts (fillets), skinned
(3 oz/1 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
4 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
(1 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
salt and cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten
60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) vegetable oil
tomato wedges and spring onion tassels, to garnish
1. Wash chicken breasts (fillets) and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Finely mince chicken and put into a large bowl with half the breadcrumbs and the onions, tomatoes, coriander, ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, salt and cayenne pepper to taste, and egg.
3. Mix thoroughly, then divide into 18 pieces and form into patties.
4. Roll patties in remaining breadcrumbs to coat all over.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
6. Fry patties in 2 or 3 batches for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and golden brown on both sides and no longer pink in centres.
7. Drain on absorbentkitchen paper.
Serve hot, garnished with tomato wedges and spring onion tassels.
Linked to Hearth n Soul at A Moderate Life
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
Recipe Round Table
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Spicy Chicken Patties
I have discovered my love for Indian recipes and since, there are the most extraordinary Indian blogs, online, I have a source for interesting and unique recipes besides the old standbys which are new to me. I have some chicken leftover and I decided I was in the mood, for chicken patties, after having no appetite all afternoon. When I saw this recipe, I jumped to make it.