Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost






Another week, another vegetable for our Power Food group, a bunch of women who strive for healthy eating with the most delicious dishes. Each blog is inspiration . Each week, we choose a recipe based on the power food which comes from the book, Power Foods, 150 delicious recipes with the 38 healthiest ingredients from the editors of Whole Living magazine.

That week, we concentrated on carrots. I like to check out our vegetable, not only for health benefits, but also for the names of their sisters. Carrots are related to parsnips, fennel, parsley, anise, caraway, cumin and dill. I didn't have a clue about many of these. I, have never seen carrots of other colors or at least, if I had, I didn't know, they were carrots. I am going to a good produce store, looking for purple or red carrots, to start my search. It is fun, shopping when purposely looking for new vegetables. I have definitely expanded my horizons.

When, I was thinking about what to make with carrots, I had all kinds of thoughts. Anything from a carrot smoothie to a carrot stew. Need intervened. My husband needed cake and what could be better than carrot cake? Keep in mind, he does not like frosting so this looks like a plain cake but it turned out to have a nice full flavor to it. Of course, I did add a mango to it which magnified its goodness.

I found the carrot recipe, without the mango, on a blog called A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Mango Carrot Cake (adapted to make gluten-free)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup oil

1 eggs

1 cup gluten-free brown rice flour mixture

1 cup grated carrots

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup mango, roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease an 8 inch round pan.

In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, oil, and eggs.

In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.

Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix in walnuts and mango.

Pour into baking pan and place in oven. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted, comes out dry.

* I timed my oven when I bake to cover my bases if I forget. My oven seems to be shifting from the Timed Bake mode and keeps going. That is what happened here so I am not sure how long I baked this for. I would check it earlier on, just to make sure.

Go on over to A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That for the original recipe and while you are there, check out her other recipes. Enjoy.

Check out the other Power Food cooks and see what they did with the carrots. Mireya is the originator of the group. If you are interested in participating, please contact her. My Healthy Eating Habits,




Comments

  1. Looks delicious!!! How long does it take to make ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything in the carrot family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Ardhanarishwara, the blissfully turing one who resides in the third eye plexus (Ajna Chakra) of each aspirant and who denotes the union of my Param Gurudeva Bhagwan Shiva and my Param Gurudevi Maa Shakti, are offered these salutions, prior this little student continues any further with the text,
    For more info visit: Atman

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are the best At&t support,at&t wirless support, Contact at&t helpline,at&t customer care How to Contact at&t wirless support

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying reading your well-written articles. Thanks for sharing this. Job Circular 2021

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt your article has interesting facts, also I like this Valentines Outfit. Keep sharing interesting kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 41st 41st BCS Result 2021: BCS preliminary exam results will be published through their official website bpsc.gov.bd very soon. Candidates can exam results from their official website as well our website visit- jobnewsbd24.com.
    Exam Result:
    Also check- GST Admission Result has been published their official website, Guccho Admission Result released very soon.
    Any Circualr- Latest Govt. Job Circular 2021 Find

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post . Very informative and useful. Keep it up. You can also check this website for any kind of technology updates . tech tweet
    https://tech-tweet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this helpful information. I hope you will continuously update in your website. It will be very helpful for us. Greetings from All Recent Job Circular in Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  10. يتوفر عدد من الأساليب العلاجية للسيطرة على الدوالي. من بينها: الاستخدام الطبي للجوارب الضاغطة، العلاج التجميلي مثل إزالة الدوالي بالليزر أو استئصالها جراحيًا، وفي بعض الحالات تستخدم العقاقير للتخفيف من الأعراض ويعتبر علاج دوالي الساقين بالاعشاب هو العلاج الافضل حتي وقتنا هذا

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post