Easy Sugar Cookies
It was before school and I could not find a sweet for myself. I had this craving for something sweet. Unless, I took from hubby's stash, nothing appealed to me.
I went down the list of favorites and everything overwhelmed me. Let me assure you, none of the recipes was overwhelming. It was me. It did not matter how simple a recipe was, it seemed too much for me. Do you ever get that way?
These are easy as they come. Sugar cookies are a plain cookie, but they serve their purpose. I know there are those who love sugar cookies and those that find them unimaginative. They are not on the top of my list because they are not chocolate or apple. I do like them because they use oil instead of butter. I used Canola oil.
Drop Sugar Cookies
(adapted from Taste of Home)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. (I used cookie scoop)
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
These look presentable and taste just fine and here you have a quick and easy cookie.