Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

What a great event, this is going to be.  We all love ice cream so let's celebrate it here.

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream



This is what I said when I first got my ice cream maker. "I discovered just how easy making ice cream is.  Also, I can see the diversity of flavors that are out there.  I hope to have lots of fun.  Cuisinart even include a recipe book and I made the vanilla ice cream from it.  Very good......"






Now, close to a year later, I am still thrilled with this ice cream maker and this is still my favorite ice cream.


Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream   allrecipes.com



2 cups 2% milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 drops green food coloring (optional)
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate
chips
1. In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved. Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
2. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. After about 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips. After the ice cream has thickened, about 30 minutes later, spoon into a container, and freeze for 2 hours.










The ice cream is about to go into the freezer to harden although it is a delicious soft ice cream, like this.
Linked to Saturday Sweets

Comments

  1. I am joining in the celebration...oh wow! now i have another gadget to wish for...your ice cream looks so good..i think later i will go out and buy some.have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost