I never had sausage, in my entire life, that I can remember, until two years ago. Although, I don't particularly enjoy most meat, I do LIKE sausage. It has loads of flavor without anything being added but add some strategic foods and this is food with character.
Skillet Cabbage, Onion and Sausage
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 turkey sausages, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 bag of shredded cabbage
1 large onion, cut up
1/2 green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 to 1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat tablespoon of oil in large skillet.
- Add sausage and cook for two minutes.
- Add onion and brown sausage and cook onion.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over sausage and onion.
- Add cabbage and water and continue cooking for 4 minutes. Mix occasionally.
- Add hot sauce and seasoning. I added garlic powder to my own dish and left it out for hubby.
- Add green pepper. I did not cook the green pepper for more than a minute. Left in with some crunchiness. If you like it cooked, add a few minutes cooking time.
- Now is the moment to taste, eat and enjoy.
This would be good with cooked noodles added in.
If you like the tinge of brown sugar, add another tablespoon after the cabbage is added.