Thursday, May 5, 2011

Skillet Cabbage, Onion and Sausage



I never had sausage, in my entire life, that I can remember, until two years ago.  Although, I don't particularly enjoy most meat, I do LIKE sausage.  It has loads of flavor without anything being added but add some strategic foods and this is food with character.





Skillet Cabbage, Onion and Sausage

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon canola oil
4 turkey sausages, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 bag of shredded cabbage
1 large onion, cut up
1/2 green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 to 1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  • Heat tablespoon of oil in large skillet.
  • Add sausage and cook for two minutes.


  • Add onion and brown sausage and cook onion.
  • Sprinkle brown sugar over sausage and onion.
  • Add cabbage and water and continue cooking for 4 minutes.  Mix occasionally.
  • Add hot sauce and seasoning.  I added garlic powder to my own dish and left it out for hubby.
  • Add green pepper.  I did not cook the green pepper for more than a minute.  Left in with some crunchiness.  If you like it cooked, add a few minutes cooking time.
  • Now is the moment to taste, eat and enjoy.
Notes:
This would be good with cooked noodles added in.
If you like the tinge of brown sugar, add another tablespoon after the cabbage is added.
    



1 comment:

  1. Sausage is good with everything. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.