Cherry Almond Topped Breakfast Muffins - Taste and Create

I am in the middle of a mystery.  This muffin is a result of participating in Taste and Create.  When, I received my partner for this month, I was delighted.  I got Shelby from The Life and Love of Grumpy's Honeybunch.   I have admired Shelby's blogs and her recipes for ages and couldn't wait to get into her blog.  Of course, when I did, I wanted to make everything and we know, that wouldn't work.  After listing several recipes, I realized, I was planning to make muffins for my husband so why not save myself the work of making a decision and take the easy route.  I found this delicious almond breakfast muffin.  I added dried cherries to the batter and made it gluten-free.

I knew, I should make it right away so it did not become a last minute pressure, rather than a joyous bake.   I made them, tasted and enjoyed, and typed up the post, in this blog.  Photos in place, I walked away, happy to be so organized.


Now, are you wondering about my mystery?  


I can't find the recipe.  I am sure, I have seen it blogged.  The photos are saved and I don't transfer the photos to the computer, until I am ready to use them.  Somewhere, that recipe and post are wandering around.  For the moment, I can't find them, so I am writing this up again.  The problem is, I am not sure what I did to the recipe.  I know, I made it gluten free which means changing the flour and I added the dried cherries but if there are any other subtle changes, I have no idea what they are.  In all likelihood, I didn't change anything, wanted to come as close as possible to Shelby's muffin.  A million thanks, Shelby, for a wonderful, delicate sweet tasting muffin.

Cherry Almond Topped Breakfast Muffins  (I am leaving Shelby's recipe intact and adding the changes, I believe, I made.)

Comments

  1. healthy combination of flavours delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I discovered dried cherries recently - they are really a miracle food. Great way to make an ordinary muffin extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look simply amazing! I found your blog through a link party and had a blast looking around! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would take a look at my blog and follow me too!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good and so good for you! Please share by linking up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!

    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/opera-cream-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! Have a great day and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the muffins (and sorry it took me so long to get here!) Grumpy has been requesting I make some gluten free treats for him to take to work - I have't really tried to do so...now that I realize you did these this way I will have to try it out myself! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost