Cherry Muffins

When, I started this blog, I said that I would post lots of muffins and I am finally getting to that.  Who knew how time consuming this can be.  Time well spent and enjoyable.......


This morning, I baked a simple cherry muffin with a simple crumb topping.  I did make it gluten free but you can sub AP flour for the gluten-free mixture.  If you do make these, I very much would like your opinion on it.   Tasting only the gluten-free muffins does not give me an understanding of a regular muffin.


Cherry Muffins

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Hazelnut oil (Canola is fine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup gluten-free brown rice flour mixture
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg or egg beater
1/2 cup sour cream split into 2 measures  (1/4 cup each)
1 cup canned sour pitted cherries, drained well

Crumb topping

1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use liners for the cupcakes or grease the muffin tins.
Beat with an electric mixer the oil, sugar, and vanilla.
Add egg and continue beating until smooth.
Mix dry ingredients in small bowl.
Add 1/4 cup of the sour cream to the sugar mixture.
Add 1/2 of the flour mixture followed by the rest of the sour cream and finally, the remaining dry ingredients.
Leaving 8 cherries aside for the top of the muffins, fold in the cherries.
Top with crumbs and a cherry.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes.
Using  paper liners, my muffins came out of the tins, easily.

Please do enjoy.



Topping :

Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Add the oil, a little at a time until it forms crumbs.  I use a fork and chop a bit to get the desired consistency.
Linked to Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'

Sweet for Saturday

Comments

  1. I like how each of your muffins has the cherry placed in a different spot. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..this is a winner to me! I am grabbing your recipe and will be making this for my daughter.Thanks a lot..I also love cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine how good those muffins must be with those juicy cherries all studded in it. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday. And, don't worry, the linky party always stays open until the following Monday at 8pm PST so you have all weekend to come by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cherry Muffins look so yummy. It looks like a great muffing recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost