Tomato, Onion, Avocado Salad

 I truly eat brunch, each day, since I eat about 11 o'clock.  That opens up all kinds of opportunities.  I might feel guilty eating pasta for breakfast but certainly not for brunch.  Anything seems to go for brunch.  Today, my decision was dictated by the two avocados on my counter.  I only used one but tonight is another meal.

I have to tell you that this recipe is a success, a tangy salad, with my favorites.  I would add some greens, next time, since I am still hungry.  I want to fill the gaps with some Romaine.  I did not use garlic since I used garlic flavored rice vinegar.  I also ended up leaving out the oil.  The rice vinegar is enough for this group of vegetables.

 Tomato, Onion, Avocado Salad -  adapted from Simply Recipes

Ingredients

  • 3-4 fresh large tomatoes, sliced  (I used one)
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 2 avocados, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks  (1)
  • 1/4 cup chopped  parsley
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano  (1)
  • Red wine vinegar (Garlic flavored rice vinegar)
  • Extra virgin olive oil (the best quality)
  • Salt to taste
  • Ground black pepper to taste

Method

Place a layer of sliced tomatoes on a large serving platter. Arrange the slivers of red onions and the chunks of avocado over the tomatoes.   (I did this in a shallow bowl but my photos did not come out.  My batteries died right after the I took these photos.  All I can think, is they blooped before that and I didn't realize it.)

Sprinkle with parsley and oregano. 

Drizzle garlic rice vinegar over the platter. 

Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Serve immediately. Do not refrigerate.

Enjoy each bite.



Seaside Simplicity - Salads
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
It’s a HodgePodge Friday
 Foodie Wednesday

Comments

  1. Oh yum! This looks great! I love this for a light meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to lose weight and I decided that everyday,one of my meal is just green veggies and fruits.This is really great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful summertime salad. I found your site through "All Cooking Sites". Very nice blog you've created and I am now a follower :)

    Looking forward to more of your culinary creations!

    Holly


    You can visit me @ http://www.simplequintessentialcuisine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your recipes. Thanks for stopping in at my blog and posting a link for our Friendly Wednesday blog post. I really appreciate it! Your link is on our blog link up! I added it. Sorry that you had problems with it.

    I'm your newest Google Friend Connect follower! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often have brunch too because I eat a small breakfast. This looks delish. Thanks for sharing.
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe has 3 of my favorite things! It can't go wrong. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Full Plate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this... and it is so good for YOU!
    As always, thank you...
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That salsa looks amazing with all those delicious fresh ingredients. You're lucky eating brunch every day. Brunch is one of my favorite meals :) I hope you can stop by and show off your salsa at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Bizzy,
    You can put that salad in front of me anytime, it just looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And another great salad link up! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost