Breafast Casserole

I was visiting Honey From Rock and came across a delicious looking recipe for a salmon      quiche with potato and dill.  An hour later, hubby and I were eating a variation of the recipe and it was as delicious as it looked on her blog.  Go to her blog to see the quiche recipe and I will share my version of a casserole with all that goodness.
This is the kind of meal, I like, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It is food, I simply love and I could eat it, every week, with ease.  I want to try it with sliced tomatoes or with spinach.  I think that would give a nice variation.  If I had plain yogurt, I would have used that instead of the sour cream and plan to do so, in the future.
We both enjoyed this immensely.  There is a small piece left and I am wondering which of us will get to it, first.
Serve this with a salad of greens for a counterpoint to the casserole.  Yum.

Salmon and Potato Breakfast Casserole  (adapted from Honey From Rock – a fabulous blog)

Ingredients:

Smoked salmon, thinly sliced, then chopped roughly - about 3 oz.
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 green onions, white and some of the green part, sliced
1/3 cup dill, chopped
3 eggs
1 cup sourcream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup Montery Jack shredded or cut into small pieces

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 400 F. 
  
Parboil the potato pieces. 

Lightly saute the green onion.  Remove from heat. 

Beat the eggs  and sour cram together in a bowl, then add the dill, salt and pepper.  S
spread the salmon over the bottom of baking dish after spraying it with oil. 

Sprinkle the  potatoes and onions over the salmon.

Pour the egg mixture over all, top with cheese and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350F and finish for about 20 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and filling is firmed up. 

It will slice easier if you allow the pie to rest for a minute or two after taking it out of the oven.  Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Wow, Chaya, this looks to die for! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a breakfast casserole, for any time of the day! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds awesome shared a breakfast casserole on my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com recently as well I love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, Chaya. My husband would love it with the smoked salmon as well. Thank you for linking up to Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home Friday last week - hope to see you there again this week! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost