I understand the appeal of minis. They are easy to handle and to eat. If one has self control, taking one is enough. They are also adorable. Despite all this, do you know anyone who doesn't like a mini?
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 pieces of roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 scallion, including green top, finely chopped
- 1 pound MOCK crab
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Spray mini tart pan or min muffin tins. The tart pans turn out to be really pretty.
In a medium bowl mix together the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and roasted peppers.
Stir in the bell pepper and scallion.
Gently fold in the MOCK crab, 3/4 cup of the corn meal and salt and pepper to taste.Fill each tartlet with batter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.