Salad-Simple and Supreme

If you want me to go on a talking spree, just ask me about this salad.  It is a snap to make but it has the best ingredients and blends together like a dream and it just so good.

It came about, as usual, taking out of refrigerator, whatever I had.

an avocado
a few ounces of cranberry pecan goat cheese
greens
tomatoes


I had been craving the goat cheese and knew that it was going to be an ingredient in whatever I decided to eat.   The only thing missing was strawberries which is what I wanted to use, rather than tomatoes but there were none in the house.

Salad - Simple and Supreme

1 avocado, peeled and chopped
about 6 grape tomatoes, cut in halves
2 ounces of cranberry pecan goat cheese
2 cups of lettuce  (I prefer Romaine to iceberg but I used what I had.)

Dressing:  (I used about a tablespoon of the dressing below.)
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • black pepper to taste
Method:

I only made enough for my self.
Place lettuce in small bowl.
Add the avocado, tomatoes and goat cheese.
Gently mix so that goat cheese is spread throughout.
Top with small amount of dressing.

Enjoy!
  This Weeks Cravings

Meatless Vegan Monday
 Garden Variety Wednesday

Comments

  1. very refreshing and looks like spring:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple salads are always healthy and best way to consume vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to THANK YOU for coming over and linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Week #30 "Summer Salads", we feature a different theme each Monday. We hope you come back next week for "Memorial Day BBQ Recipes". Have a great weekend!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! I can post a comment. Blogger has been weird.

    You had me at avocado and then you went and added goat cheese! Looks like one great salad. Thank you for linking up with Garden Variety Wednesday! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Thanks for linking this one up too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost