Bruschetta Topped with Herbed Goat Cheese and Tomatoes

The foods, I have discovered in recent years, have become staples, in our home.  I love goat cheese.  My favorite is one that comes with cranberries and pecans.  I spread that on a cracker and it is the best.  For this recipe, I used an herbed goat cheese that is also special.

I served this with romaine lettuce and a special dressing.  This is a perfect brunch or lunch dish and for hubby and I, it makes a light supper.

Bruschetta Topped with Herbed Goat Cheese and Tomatoes (adapted)


  • 2 medium, ripe peeled tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 6 slices gluten-free bread
  • 6 ounces herbed goat cheese (3/4 cup)

Place the tomatoes, , olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Gently mix together and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.

Toast the bread on both sides until light brown. 


Spread each slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese. Drain the chopped tomato mixture a little using a perforated spoon and top the goat cheese with it.

Garnish each bruschetta with a basil and serve on a large platter.

Makes 6 bruschettas





Linked to

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this looks wonderfully tasty! Thanks for linking up to Savory Sundays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore goat cheese too, Chaya! I have a block at home right now and I've been doling it out sparingly in such yummy things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started eating goat cheese this year and recently picked up a Peppadew one - yummy! Think i'll be making this recipe this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM YUM YUM YUM! Thanks so much for sharing this with Friday Potluck. I adore bruschetta!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost