Pumpkin Streusel Bars

Pumpkin Streusel Bars  I find the best recipes at about.com, especially those by Diana Rattray.  I made a few healthier decisions, substituting canola oil for butter in the streusel, using more nuts in place of some of the flour in the streusel.  I don’t think slightly cutting back on the sugar is going to hurt it. 


Ingredients:
    1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil, such as canola or corn oil
  •  Instead of flour, use additional nuts.  I substituted oil for butter.
  • 3/4 cup gluten free flour
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 6 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans

 Method:    IMG_4419

Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
Heat oven to 350°.
In a bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar and granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil until well blended, scraping the bowl a few times.

Stir in the dry ingredients until blended. Spread in prepared baking pan.

In another bowl, combine the 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.

Add oil and mix until crumbly; mix in the pecans with your fingers.

Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin batter.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut in squares to serve.
 
You can serve this with a dollop of ice cream or some whipped cream or just plain.

Linked to Mom's Crazy Cooking

Comments

  1. If it has pumpkin I'm a fan; I have a feeling this would freeze realy well. I Iove to have goodies stored for my chidrens' visit.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from What I Ate Wednesday :) I'm totally bookmarking this page so I can try it after buying some pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fabulous haven't made with pumpkin before although we like streusel bar
    do try the frozen yogurt it is delicious has raspberries are tangy add sugar to it little more than the taste because once it is cold it will be less sweeter
    enjoy and do let me know
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! And easy too. Might have to try it, as I have extra pumpkin sitting in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI!
    That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost