Pumpkin Streusel Bars I find the best recipes at about.com, especially those by Diana Rattray. I made a few healthier decisions, substituting canola oil for butter in the streusel, using more nuts in place of some of the flour in the streusel. I don’t think slightly cutting back on the sugar is going to hurt it.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil, such as canola or corn oil
- Instead of flour, use additional nuts. I substituted oil for butter.
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil until well blended, scraping the bowl a few times.
Stir in the dry ingredients until blended. Spread in prepared baking pan.
In another bowl, combine the 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
Add oil and mix until crumbly; mix in the pecans with your fingers.
Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut in squares to serve.
Linked to Mom's Crazy Cooking