Mini Apple Bundt Cakes

I pride myself in being organized when I bake.  I get all the necessary ingredients out and line them up.  I measure each ingredient and put it back as to when it will be used.  I am ready to go.

OK, usually, I am ready to go.  When I made these bundt cakes, I thought I was ready to go.  It wasn't until, I was putting the sugar into the batter, I realized that I had a lot of both white sugar and brown sugar.  Instead of reading brown rice flour, I read brown sugar.

I had two measuring cups of brown sugar and one had already gone in.  I removed the large brown sugar and small white sugar and put in the remaining.  I hoped the brown sugar, which was not called for, would not harm the cakes.

My other mishap which did not do any harm, nor did it help, was I to find, I did not have pears.  I subbed in the apples.  Frankly, I know we would like this whether it had apples or pears in it.

I had planned to make a bread as Carol did but hubby wanted cake.  I knew, I did not have to change the recipe to turn this into a cake, other than for baking time.  This part was of no concern.  On the other hand, this was not Carol's intent, either.


Carol of Simply Gluten Free, a fabulous blog, filled with information and delicious recipes, is where I found this delicious recipe.  After reading some of my mistakes, you understand why, it seems a miracle that my cakes came out as good, as they did and they were very good.

Gluten Free Dairy Free Pear Bread 

becomes

Mini Apple Bundt Cakes  (adapted)

Ingredients

1½ cups brown rice flour, plus more for dusting the pan
½ cup tapioca (or corn or potato) starch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
2/3  cup white sugar
2/3 brown sugar
½ cup Canola
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ripe apples, peeled cored and grated
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 5 mini bundts with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray, add some brown rice flour and shift it back and forth in order to spread the flour evenly around the pan, tap out the excess flour.

In a large mixing bowl whisk together the 1½ cups brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In another mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.

Add the pears and walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

linked to
I’m Loving It
Savory Sunday
Sweet Sunday Blog Party 
Bookmarked Tuesdays 




Comments

  1. Sometimes a little deviation from the path is a wonderful thing :) Great looking bundt cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmmmmmm... Thank you.

    And thank you for the link, to another GF blog!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the best recipes come about by accident! :) Thank you for sharing this recipe with us at Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite not ready to go, you did a fine job in creating something new! Looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this looks great!! thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure where my comment went. Hope I am not duplicating myself. I love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! And so yummy :) Just found your blog, can't wait to browse around!!
    xo,
    Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and delicious looking cake!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a yummy cake! Would love to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable - I love mini version of things n this cake sounds FAB!
    Thanks a lot for linking to bookmarked event :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  11. great looking cake.u have a wonderful space,glad to follow u dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost