Faith's Chicken with Cherry Sauce

The other day, when I was visiting Faith of Edible Mosaic, I saw this wonderful recipe and immediately printed it up to make, for Friday night, our Sabbath dinner.  It turned out to be a special chicken dish and we loved every bite.  Thanks to Faith who does have the very best recipes and even better photos.  Faith (I didn't get the roses.)

Faith served this with rice.  I also did but I made an Apple Nutty Rice which went very well.

I am listing the ingredients below but please go to Faith's for the directions. I want you to see her presentation which is outstanding.  I will list the changes, I made in italics.

 Chicken with Cherry Sauce   
(Yield:  4 servings)                                                                                                               
Chicken:
1 smallish (about 2 1/2 to 3 lb) whole chicken, quartered and trimmed of excess fat (I uses chicken breasts)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Generous pinch coarse salt and fresh grated black pepper  (not so generous)
Cherry Sauce:
1 1/2 cups sweet black cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen; thawed if frozen, with juices reserved)(canned)
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (fresh orange juice)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, grated  (food intolerance to garlic)
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp each ground cinnamon and cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
Pinch each ground cloves & nutmeg
2 pods cardamom, crushed
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 of a chicken-flavored soft bouillon cube (forgot to use this)

Any changes, I made, was because I did not have the ingredients.  In the case of salt and pepper, I always cut that, for my husband.)
Linked to

Comments

  1. Ooh, the cherry sauce looks good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day.
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I saw it on Faith's blog and loved it, and I love it again! I need to make this one!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yummy! Happy Mother's Day! I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    Have a great weekend
    ShowMeMama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello.This is really good..thanks for sharing.We all love chicken at home and i think its a new healthy twist.I am your newest follower.Hope you can drop by at my blog and if you like you can follow me too..will really appreciate it.thanks
    www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost