Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post


Another week, another vegetable for our Power Food group, a bunch of women who strive for healthy eating with the most delicious dishes. Each blog is inspiration . Each week, we choose a recipe based on the power food which comes from the book, Power Foods, 150 delicious recipes with the 38 healthiest ingredients from the editors of Whole Living magazine.

Brussels sprouts like broccoli and cabbage are cruciferous. This group offers a unique composition of antioxidants that may provide several health benefits. Brussels sprouts are low in calories and offer protein, vitamins and minerals to help build a healthy human.

My first issue with brussels sprouts is that it took me years to spell it correctly. Each time, it came up, in writing, and I admit, that was not too often, I would stare into space asking myself does brussel get an S, at the end or is it sprout that gets the S. For some reason, I could not remember that both end with that S. I am happy to tell you, I overcame this challenge and now can spell brussels sprouts, unless I am doing it incorrectly.

My second issue is that this is another vegetable that the husband does not like, to the point, he won't taste it. I chose not to tell him, he was eating shredded brussels sprouts, last night. He didn't like it because it was too spicy so I can't say that I fooled him. I made two different dishes, one obviously the sprouts and the other in a camouflaged state. I decided to share both with you, since they turned out well and completely different.

I don't want you to think, my darling is a grump about food but I have to add that I changed one dish because he had work done on his teeth (a cavity filled) and the dentist told him not to eat nuts and seeds. I use another dentist. I eat nuts and seeds. Both recipes are supposed to have nuts in them, I left them in one because, like the brussels sprouts, they were somewhat hidden. I left out the walnuts in the other recipe. Roast a few and throw them in.

Shredded Brussels Sprouts

I took my mandoline and sliced the brussels sprouts but it cuts so thin that most of it was shredded. It did a beautiful job.

Ingredients

1/2 pound of brussels sprouts 

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 cup pine nuts (pine nuts are seeds)

2 scallions, sliced

2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce

1 tomato, chopped

Heat oil in large skillet.

Add pine nuts and cook until slightly browned. Add the shredded sprouts and the scallions. Cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the Thai sweet chili sauce and tomato and mix with the greens and pine nuts. Cook for another 2 minutes.

You might want to use a little more oil. I added about a teaspoon after I put in the greens and was afraid they would burn. As much oil as is necessary should be used.



Maple Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients

1 cup water

8 ounces brussels sprouts (the other half pound)

1 tablespoon maple syrup

1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Bring the cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.

Add the brussels sprouts. Reduce the heat and cook until tender about 6 minutes.

Drain the brussels sprouts.

In the empty saucepan, melt butter with maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.

Pour this over the brussels sprouts and serve.

It is amazing how good this simple recipe turned out to be. A little sweetness does wonders.


Check out the other Power Food cooks and see what they did with the brussels sprouts. Mireya is the originator of the group. If you are interested in participating, please contact her. My Healthy Eating Habits,

Comments

  1. Crunchy and packed with vitamins and minerals..great eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this dish, I am always looking for new ways to use brussels sprouts. Photos are very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. www.bestcookwarereviewsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The data transferred over the platform secured with a binding connection protocol. the app does what you can do using Bluetooth or NFC, but faster. also works more quickly for data transfer between PCs and mobile devices, compared to USB drive transfer.
    https://shareits.xyz/
    SHAREit
    shareit for pc
    shareit pc

    ReplyDelete

  6. iroot apk
    360root apk
    quickboot apk
    gamekiller apk

    check website and comment your reviews
    if you have any quires on it just drop a mail or comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Ardhanarishwara, the blissfully turing one who resides in the third eye plexus (Ajna Chakra) of each aspirant and who denotes the union of my Param Gurudeva Bhagwan Shiva and my Param Gurudevi Maa Shakti, are offered these salutions, prior this little student continues any further with the text,
    For more info visit: Atman

    ReplyDelete



  8. Leather bubble jacket mens is one of the luxury Lambskin Leather Jackets of Tapfer Jacket shop. Cowhide puffer leather Jacket has Durable Tonal Viscose lining and Detachable Opossum Fur Collar Trim. Triple Stitched Durable Nylon Thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is now time for the BSEB 10th Exam Pattern 2023 to be released. We provide the most up-to-date information about BSEB. The BSEB 10th Blueprint 2023 PDF has already been issued by the BSEB. On our website, we provide a direct access to the Bihar Board 10th Blueprint 2023. BSEB 10th Exam Pattern 2023 In the month of July, the Bihar Board of Secondary Education held SSC Public Exams. Students who have taken the BSEB matric examinations can access the most recent information on our website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We often offer special discounts and coupons for food52 discount code. Check back often to see what's available!

    ReplyDelete
  11. مميزات علاج الدوالي بدون جراحة بتقنية الكلاكس تشمل:

    1. عملية غير جراحية: لا يتطلب التشريح بالليزر قطع أو جراحة مفتوحة. يتم إدخال الألياف الرفيعة جدًا عن طريق قطعة صغيرة في الجلد فقط.

    2. فترة شفاء مختصرة: عادةً ما تكون فترة الشفاء بعد علاج الليزر أقل مقارنة بالجراحة التقليدية. يمكن للمرضى العودة إلى الأنشطة العادية في وقت قصير.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost