Salmon - How Good Does it Get?

I know it sounds like overkill but it is not.  No, it is just plain good.  With all the juices, I added, the flavor is subtle. 

How Good Does it Get Salmon?


Ingredients:  Use about half of what you make for the salmon.  I like it so much that I wanted to have some, sitting in the refrigerator to use on meat or poultry.


Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 2 salmon fillets without skin
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 1 tablespoon hazelnut or Canola oil
  • tablespoon chopped scallions
  • 1/2 cup chunks of pineapple

Method:

  • Put 1 tablespoon margarine and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
  • Add salmon and sear on each side for one minute each.
  • Combine juices, soy sauce, maple syrup and ginger.
  • Pour half of the liquid over the salmon.
  • Cook for 10 minutes.
  • Add pineapple and scallions to salmon.
  • Leave on heat for another two minutes until pineapple is hot.
  • Serve with scallions and pineapple as topping for salmon.

Comments

  1. We just love salmon and it is so much fun to find a new way to serve it. I might have to leave the pineapple off for my husband though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rita, we feel the same way. Love finding new ways to fix it! Looks so lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious looking flavour combinations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost