Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recipe Box - Week 2

Veggie Delight




I had no name for this dish, I put together, this evening.  I am finding it difficult to follow recipes from cookbooks or online.  Almost always, I take the recipe, in another direction.  That is what happened, today.  I pulled out a few cookbooks, found a recipe for roasted cubes of vegetables in a tomato sauce and covered with cheese.  It had veggies, I had in the house and the idea of roasting vegetables with a cheese topping intrigued me.


I ended up slicing the veggies thinly on the mandolin and separately putting piles of them, in a baking dish.  I then dropped some spicy cheese on top, well spaced out.  It was delicious.

Ingredients:


1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
2 carrots
1 mini red pepper
1 mini yellow pepper
1 mini orange pepper
1/4 green pepper
spray olive oil
3 slices from a twisted spicy mozzarella roll
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (my basil is returning)


Method:


Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Spray a ten inch round baking pan with olive oil.
Layer vegetables, each in its own pile around the pan.  Carrots ended in the middle of my baking pan.
Top, widely spaced, small pieces of cheese.  I tried shredding it and it didn't work.  It was too soft.
Spray olive oil on top of the dish, lightly.
Roast slices, checking at 10 minutes and every few minutes until cheese has turned golden brown.
Remove and enjoy.  


*The seasoning can be varied to whatever  you like.  Garlic and rosemary.....Italian seasoning.....Chili powder for a spicier version.....this is up to taste.  


Hi, I must admit, I excited about this new linky. I am going to start a Recipe Box on Pin It for as many photos, as possible, at least those that are featured. I was amazed at the variety of dishes, we got, last week and it was hard to choose those to be featured. For this week, I am going to to share those that got the most clicks. I am open to suggestions as to what is the best and most fair way, to do this, in the future. Please leave suggestions. I need your help.








Kale Salad - A Little Nosh




Crustless Pizza - Bookcase Foodie



Pineapple Macaroons - The Traveling Spoon



Easiest Way to Cook Spaghetti Squash - Gluten Free A-Z



Crumb Cake with Peanut Butter and Chocolate - Something Sweet


Cheesy Sour Cream Enchiladas - RV Life and Food



If I could cook all of these and  have a feast, I would be a happy camper.  Let's see what we can put together, this week.  Thank you all for your support.  I hope you will continue to share with us and let us build a full Recipe Box.  Linked to   Allergy Free Wednesday  Real Food Wednesday   Pennywise Platter    
Whole Food Wednesday

14 comments:

  1. I do the same thing - I alter or combine recipes.:)

    Have you thought about making a blog button and a featured button for your site visitors to share on their blog? Your blog button will link people back to your blog and the featured button will allow those that you feature each week to put that button on their site. The feature button will also link back to your blog!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    That is a delightful plate of veggie delight! Looks good with the cheezy top!
    I've just linked a simple chicken dish that I sometimes dish up at home. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya
    The way you are with cooking - that's me with baking. I can almost never follow a recipe, I take it my own way and change everything :)
    Your dish turned out great - I make similar dish a lot - we LOVE it, and it's easy

    Thanks sooooooooooooo much for featuring my Coffee Cake with Peanut Butter - I'm honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the veggie delight, especially the spicy cheese. Looks delicious. Everything looks delicious, nice round-up for the recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting, Chaya! All your features look so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the simpicity of your veggie delights, will be chking out some recipes from your recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting and for featuring my enchiladas! Your veggie delight looks yummy! So do many of the recipes linked up - time to start pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by my blog and inviting me to link up my recipe. Thanks for hosting this great link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delicious features! I am particularly taken by the Pineapple Macaroons - they look amazing. I'm really enjoying your new Recipe Box linky, Chaya. Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting, Chaya! I think if it were me, I'd pick the (however many you want) most clicked and then maybe your one favorite? Idk what other people do though. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chaya,
    I've brought a plate of salad! Thank you for hosting! Lots of delicious food I see here! Will be visiting them as soon as I can find some time!
    Wish you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my "brand spanking new" blog! And for the follow. I'm following you here too and I'll put your wonderful hop on my schedule. It looks like there are some great recipes to view, so I better hop to it. ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.