Zucchini Tomato Gratin - Susie Fishbein - Passover by Design

I have been posting many recipes from Tamar Ansh on my blogs.  I handle Pesach by starting with one cookbook and then moving on to the next and I use as many as possible, by the end of the holiday. I, probably have a half dozen Passover cookbooks.  Not having used them for a year, gives me dozens of new recipes to make.  I do repeat some from last year because they were good and I always try some new ones, too.  This is a new one and it was just taken out of the oven.  It looks appealing but I can't taste it. I don't want to bring it to the table already cut into.

Zucchini-Tomato Gratin  (adapted from Passover by Design - Susie Fishbein)
Linked to
Serves 8-10 


* 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 3 medium zucchini, peeled and thinly sliced
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
 * 4 medium round tomatoes, coarsely chopped * salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
*potato chip crumbs (food processed)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


Pre-heat oven to 400F. 

Spray a shallow baking dish. Set aside. 

In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons  of olive oil over medium heat. 

Add the zucchini. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until tender. Set aside. 

In a medium skillet, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.  Move onions around occasionally, while cooking.
 
Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. 

Season well with salt& pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and brown sugar. 

Pour off some of the liquid. 

Stir the zucchini into the tomatoes. Pour evenly into the prepared dish. 

Sprinkle with potato chip crumbs and spray with olive oil. 

Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden and crisp. 

Linked to

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I just wanted to see if you'd like a Babble badge for Readers' Choice award to put on your blog as people have nominated it for Babble's  best food mom blogs of 2011. If you're a mother (or if you have a contributor who's a mom) and you're interested in the badge, please email me at: hannah at babble dot com.

    Thanks,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out to be much more than I thought it would be. Everyone liked it and I went for seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bizzy,
    This recipe looks delicious. It is a great combination with lots of good flavor, we would really enjoy it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week! Have a very special week end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost