Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - April 18th Passover

This is the week of Passover and we are planning to eat well.  I have been cooking up a storm for the last two days.  I have the recipes scheduled to print during the week.  Hopefully, each day, something will come up in Comfy Cook's Kosher Kitchen and here.

Monday - the first seder - Chicken with Vegetables in a sweet and sour sauce with an apple-carrot kugel, guacamole, salad with mangoes, cranberries and greens.  We will also have gefilte fish patties, chicken soup with mock noodles.  Of course, we will have matzah and more matzah .

Tuesday - Brisket with mini carrot kugels and mashed potato knishes.  We will also have baked gefilte fish, chicken soup with noodles, and matzah. 

Wednesday - Mini Shepherd's Pies with sweet potato kugel and zucchini, tomatoes and onions.  More gefilte fish as the first course.  Brownies and chocolate chip cookies.

Thursday - Orange soy salmon with potato muffins and salad.

Friday - Chicken

Saturday - Chulent

Desserts for the week:
Blondies with chocolate chips
Blondies with cranberries and almonds
Coffee Brownies
Gushy Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Apple Strawberry Crisp
Five pounds more, at least........groan

                                                                                                                      
 





3 comments:

  1. All your meals for the week sounds delicious! I love brisket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blog you have here Bizzy. I am thrilled you came to visit. Now I have discovered and joined you. I have so much to learn about Passover and I know this is where I can finally understand. I wish I was at your place to taste all these wonderful flavours.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've got some delicious passover meals ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.