Blintz SouffleI always keep a few boxes of frozen blintzes on hand. They make an emergency lunch or a quick bite for my grandchildren. This recipe shows how to take those ready-made blintzes and turn them into something special.
12 frozen blintzes (three boxes)
one half stick of margarine or butter
1 & 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla (I love the flavor. You can use one teaspoon and it will still be scrumptious.)
1/2 cup orange juice
pinch of salt
- Melt margarine in shallow 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In single layer, place blintzes in baking dish.
- Beat together eggs, sour cream, sugar, orange juice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over the blintzes .
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- You can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or serve with sour cream and a bit of brown sugar.