As a result of this decision, it was time to try stir fries in another atmosphere. I think, it was a recipe of Ellie Krieger that opened the door to veggie cooking. Now, I love it. I spice and you do not know that the meat taste is missing.
Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegetable Stir-Fry - adapted from Delish.com
The recipe is not time-consuming.
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 3 cup(s) small broccoli florets
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green), cut into strips
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, sugar, and salt; set aside.
- Start with the Aromatics: In wok or 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add onion and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add the Vegetables: Start with the hard vegetables first. Add vegetable oil and broccoli, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the corn and stir-fry 1 minute. The vegetables should be crisp-tender.
- Whisk the Sauce to recombine. Pour into wok or skillet and cook one minute until sauce is slightly thickened and vegetables are coated.