Stuffed Orange Ginger Sweet Potatoes QES

 I love sweet potatoes and over the years have come up with new ways to make them.  This time, I was struck my recipe in my Pillsbury Annual 2006 - page230.   It was grilled halves but it was stuffed with the sweet potato mixed with marmalade.  I had some marmalade that I had cooked down, in my refrigerator and wanted to use it up, and Pillsbury presented me with the perfect opportunity.

I had not looked at this particular book, in quite a while and I am glad I did.  I found a number of recipes to make, after Passover.  Putting cook books away is great when one takes them out again.  I had such fun, reading through the book and checking off recipes to make.  Their photos are good also.

Orange and Ginger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes    QED

Ingredients:

2 large  sweet potatoes (about 12 oz each)
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup ground walnuts (Use nut of choice.)
Spray Canola cooking oil.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees  F.
Prick sweet potatoes several times with fork; place on paper towel in microwave.
Microwave on High 8 to 10 minutes, turning potatoes over once halfway through cooking, just until potatoes are almost tender. Let stand 10 minutes. 
Mash pulp well. Stir in the marmalade and ginger.  Mash some more. Spoon mixture into potato shells. 
Sprinkle ground nuts on top of sweet potato halves.   Spray tops with cooking oil.
Place on baking sheet or in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
These were real good. 

Comments

  1. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange marmalade. Great idea for sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bizzy, these sound great! I would love the orange marmalade over those sweets. Thanks so much for linking up to Cookbook Sundays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost