Brown Sugar Baked Salmon - Passover & All Year

What is below, I wrote last year.  We just got our huge piece of salmon from Costco again, this year and hubby, once again wants it, as soon as possible.  I think, he is going to have to wait, this year, since Pesach is almost upon us and there just is no time, with all the baking of kugels and cakes, in the works.

As far as I am concerned, we eat too much meat, for the holidays.  While, it is meritorious to eat meat on Passover, moderation is my opinion.  My youngest daughter usually makes most of the meat dishes and I will see if I can follow her around taking photos and getting the recipe.  That is, if I have nothing else to do.

To take a break from the meat dishes, I am planning on making this salmon again and really enjoying it.  Again, I want to get this recipe to you before I make it.  I will add new photos at that time, if at all possible.

Brown Sugar Baked Salmon for Passover and All Year

"During the year, we buy kosher salmon that comes individually wrapped from Costco.  It is not kosher for Passover (Pesach).  They do have one huge piece of salmon that is kosher for Pesach and we went with that, for the holiday.  Hubby cut it up into separate servings and begged, yes begged me to make it, last night.  We always say Passover food tastes better than the rest of the year.  You know, I make salmon weekly and this was the very best, even though the recipe was similar to others, I make and it is not yet Passover."  (Last year)

Baked Salmon with Brown Sugar Marinade Ingredients:

2 salmon fillets

Marinade:

1/4 cup brown sugar packed
 lemon slices
2 tablespoons melted margarine
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
a few squeezes lemon juice  (I did not measure it.  Determine the amount to your own liking or use 1 tablespoon.)

Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
Put salmon in baking dish.  I used an aluminum foil pan which I will be doing a lot of, for the next two weeks.
Marinate for one half hour to an hour.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya! I have to say, I've really missed reading your blogs when I was on vacation...and I love the look of your blog! The salmon looks fantastic, what a flavorful marinade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to serve salmon; one of my favourite food.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the message yesterday! Email is goinggreenmama at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    We would love this recipe. It just looks delicious with great flavor. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week! Have a very special week end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this marinade, Chaya. The flavours are just wonderful. I've bookmarked it to try - I'm always looking for new ways to cook salmon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost