Menu Plan Monday - Pre Passover

I do this each week and I usually have more than enough ideas for meals, I want to make.  Tonight, I am in a quandary.  What can I make this week?  This is one of the most difficult weeks to cook.

My kitchen is set for Passover which means, I can't cook anything that has chametz in it.


"What do we actually mean when we say chametz?
Any flour of the five species of grain, which is mixed with water and allowed to ferment before being baked, comes under the definition of chametz according to the Torah. The five species of grain are wheat, spelt, oats, barley, and rye."


On the other hand, my dining room is not ready for Pesach (Passover) and I can't take my Passover utensils in there.  If you have not observed Passover, this has to be confusing. 

For Passover, we change almost everything.  I  use different plates, glasses, flatware, pots, pans, food processor, mixer, you name it.  I pack everything away.  I am clever, if I say so, myself.  I fill my dishwasher with my plates and glasses and bowls.  Since, I have two ovens, I fill that with anything that fits into it.  Then, I forget all about this until Passover is completed.

Until, these areas are properly set up, it is not easy to cook comfortably.  I am hoping, they will be by tomorrow night.  Then, I start cooking for Passover.

I think this week, I will tell you what I am planning to cook, each day, rather than what our meals will be.  Most likely, they will be taken from what I am cooking that day.

Sunday - tonight we had barbecued chicken, baked potatoes and spinach with margarine on top.

Monday - cook filling chicken soup.  Throw in as many vegetables as possible and make quarts and quarts.    (We will probably eat some of the chicken and some of the vegetables for dinner.)

Tuesday - desserts  I don't see how we are going to eat anything from this for dinner.  We will search the freezer and I know there is some Chili in there.  Chili for Tuesday....

Wednesday - Cook Meats   (roast, corned beef, meatballs for starters)  I guess, we can have meatballs for dinner with baked potatoes and a salad.

Thursday - Side dishes - squash, sweet potato, mock noodle kugel, maybe a broccoli or spinach kugel.

Friday - real food, finally.  Chicken, potato kugel, some other side dishes and salad.

Saturday - cholent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost