Green Mashed Potatoes (can be used for Passover)

I am not Dr. Seuss but I CAN make Green Mashed Potatoes.  Besides using broccoli, I want to try this with spinach.  Should I write a book Green Potatoes and Butter?

Green Mashed Potatoes

I don't usually make colored food other than frosting or baked goods but this had a positive ring to it so I decided to follow through and see what happens.

Ingredients:
4 potatoes, peeled
1 bag  broccoli
1/2 cup potato starch
salt and pepper to taste
2 onions, chopped and sauteed
Method:
Boil potatoes for 25 minutes until tender.
Add the broccoli to the potatoes for the last three minutes.
Chop and saute onions.
Drain the potatoes and broccoli.
Mash potatoes.
Run the broccoli through a food processor using metal blade.
Add the broccoli and onions to the potatoes.
Add potato starch and seasoning.
Mix it all together and put it in greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Spray the top of the green potatoes and put it back on 500 degrees for five minutes to crisp the top.

Comments

  1. This would be great for St. Patty's Day too. Have a great weekend Chaya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be great any day! Yummy! It looks amazing green and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sort of reminds me of pesto. I'd be tempted to top it with cheese on the second bake. Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I think it would be perfect for Passover with my brisket. Nice change of pace from potato kugel. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost