Gefilte Marinara - Jamie Geller QED

I wanted a different way to make the gefilte fish, this week and I came across this recipe by Jamie Geller, an author of kosher books.  Mine is not marinara.  It is more Turkish because of what I subbed for the marinara sauce.  I have made gefilte fish in marinara sauce and it is really good but for Passover, I try to change recipes so we can  explore new tastes.

Gefilte Marinara  Adapted from Jamie Geller

Cook Time:    2 hours
Yield:              8 servings

Ingredients:

1 (22-ounce) loaf frozen gefilte fish

1 tablespoon onion powder
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup matbucha (from bottle)

Method:


1.  Preheat oven to 350° F.  Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  Rinse frozen gefilte loaf under water to remove parchment wrapper and place in prepared pan.

3.  Sprinkle fish with onion powder.

4.  Cover with chopped onion.

5.  Pour matbucha over fish, spreading to thickly coat the top.

6.  Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 2 hours.

7.  Transfer fish to a sealable container, cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.  (I disagree with Jamie.  We love hot or warm gefilte fish and we love it cold too.)


linked to



Comments

  1. Sorry I am really in the dark here. I had never heard of gefilte fish, so I went to look it up. I thought I was a real foodie; butI have so much to learn.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had gefilte fish. This looks like a good starter recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had gefilte fish!

    New follower from last week's blog hop. I'd love for you to follow back :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost