Shirley's Kosherized Mock Crab Soup



Those of you who have followed me on Chaya's Comfy Cook may have noted that I was having difficult, in a few areas.  It was time consuming to add a link and often did not happen.  I decided that I would take the plunge and start over on Blogger.

What recipe could be better to start with than Shirley Braden's.  She has this wonderful, warm and nourishing soup, on her blog which I had to have.  I hurried to the kitchen and I made it and I enjoyed every spoonful. 

Shirley has been of tremendous assistance to me, almost since I started blogging.  Her blog is chock full of information and good recipes.  She is a source for anyone who is interested in mastering knowledge about gluten-free cooking and baking.  Please go on over and check it out.


Shirley's Kosherized Mock Crab Soup  (adapted)


Ingredients:


4 small  potatoes, peeled and chunked into 1/2 inch pieces
2 shredded carrots, about 1 cup or so
1 onion, sliced and sliced again
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 green pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups organic vegetable broth
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup mock kosher crab

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or more, to taste)
¼ tsp sea salt
Dash of other seasonings if desired, like chives and parsley


Method:


Saute all vegetables except potatoes.  Cook until onions are translucent.

Add chicken broth and then gradually add in milk.

Add 2 cups of water.

Heat over medium heat until mixture is bubbling.

Add potatoes. 



Add  Worcestershire sauce, salt, and any other seasonings.




Cook over medium low heat until potatoes are adequately softened and everything is hot.

Add the fish and cook for 5 more minutes.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
**Find more recipes like this. head over to Shirley at http://www.glutenfreeeasily.com


There is something to be said about a first blog recipe.  I am glad it is Shirley's. 


Linked to Frugal Follies

Comments

  1. Hey Chaya! Thanks for letting me know about your new blog. Love the simple, clean look, and, of course, the polka dots! I'm so weak for polka dots ... this background with the small polka dots reminds me of Dotted Swiss dresses that I wore as a child. :-) Finally, what a dear you are to say such lovely things about me and gfe, and to make a kosher version of my soup, too. It looks great! Now I have to know ... what is mock kosher crab? Is that some type of fish?

    xo,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design, Chaya! I'll change your URL on my fave blogs page. Always nice to start over, isn't it?
    And yes, I agree. You always start with your favorite recipes! So this must be a dandy. I am assuming mock crab is the imitation crab meat I often buy to make my seafood chowder. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds delicious! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaya, please expand upon the mock crab when you get a moment. The imitation crab meat that so many use and that Barbara may be referencing is not gluten free. That's one of the reasaons I was asking what you specifically used. I wouldn't want anyone to get ill from mistakenly eating the gluten-containing mock crabmeat.

    Thanks!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost