Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup - Giada

Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup – Giada

Last night, I was so tired, I needed the easiest recipe on the list.  I had planned to make the pesto but I felt like I was not even up to taking out my food processor.  That is tired.
Instead, I threw together Giada’s quick and easy tomato soup —-spicy too.  This turned out to be a surprise.  It was a real comfort food.  First, it could not have been easier to make.    Second, it took little time to make.  Other than the cooking of the onions and carrots (in the same pot as the rest of the ingredients – one pot meal), there was little to do.  It was a matter of putting all the ingredients in the pot and letting it cook up.
The recipe calls for a bottle of marinara sauce and this did not impress me.  Soup from marinara soup and veggie broth did not sound good.  Therefore, it was such a treat to find out this went together and turned out to be delicious.
I made the pasta separately.  I was afraid, it would be soggy, cooking in the soup.  Oops.  That made it a two pot meal but the recipe calls for the pasta to be made right in the soup.
This was so good that I crept out of my bed, in the middle of then night, for another bowl.  No, I don’t normally have soup, at midnight.

Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup adapted from Giada De Laurentiis

Serves:  4 to 6 serving
Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
  • 2 (14-ounce) cans vegetable broth
  • 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method:
Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
Add the carrots and onion. and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and serve.
Eat and enjoy!                                                                 




Linked to What's On Your Plate?
 

Comments

  1. I love the look of the blog! :)

    This tomato soup sounds great too. Today is a soup kind of day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost