Silky Sweet Potatoes

Silky Sweet Potatoes

I got the idea for this delicious side dish from Tamar Ansh.  She kept me busy, last Passover and is doing so again, this year.

Silky Sweet Potatoes  (adapted)

Ingredients:

cooking spray
4 sweet potatoes, peeled
salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
brown sugar

Method:

Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
Thinly slice potato,  using food processor.     
       
In bowl with large flat bottom, put 3 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons oil.  Add as you go along.

Put pieces of sweet potato in bowl.  

Spray the tops of the potatoes and cover with brown sugar.

Arrange slices on baking sheets without overlapping. 

Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. 

The recipe in the cookbook said to bake for 45 minutes.  I am baking these again for only 15 minutes.  I will change this, if necessary.

In the meanwhile, you have the recipe, if you want to try it.  Trust me, they are worth it.    If you like sweet foods, this is yummy.

Linked to

Comments

  1. Yum! I love finding new recipes for favorite foods. This sounds like a great new sweet potato recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost