Apple Fritters for Passover

This is an old post from Chaya's Comfy Cook which, as you can tell, I wrote during the week of Passover.  I can't wait to make these again.  If you are celebrating the holiday, this is a treat to serve and to eat.

If this is not your holiday, I am pretty sure,  you would enjoy these delicious apple pancakes.

Apple Fritters

The last two days of the eight days of Passover are also holidays.  That means four festive meals with matzah, fish, soup, salads, meat or poultry, sides and desserts and whatever else, I may be forgetting.  I have decided to stay up tonight and get as much cooking done so I can rest tomorrow (ha!) and enjoy the holidays.  Let’s see how I do.  I also, want to make different recipes than I had for the first two days and Sabbath.

I use a lot of apples during this holiday.  It is a versatile fruit.  I wanted to try banana fritters but the majority wants apples and even I like apples better than bananas.

Apple Fritters – Passover Style
Ingredients:
4 apples, sliced, chopped or shredded
4 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup potato starch
oil to fry in
Place oil in large skillet (12 inch).
I tried slicing the apples first because I like the fritters to be chunky but they
would not fry consistently so I changed over to putting them in the food processor with the eggs, beating the eggs and chopping the apples, at the same time.
 
Add sugar, potato starch and cinnamon to to egg mix.
 
Mix well.
 Drop by tablespoons or if you have a cookie scoop (small) use that and drop batter into hot skillet.
 
Brown on both sides.
 
Remove onto paper towels to drain.
 
Eat or place into baking pan for later use.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. These apple pancakes looks awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have wonderful space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on a similar wave length with fritters, Chaya! Yours look marvelous. I've always loved apple fritters...love the cinnamon in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My kids would love these! We don't celebrate the passover in the same way but we certainly can enjoy these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost