Stuffed French Toast

I have been yearning for cinnamon for weeks.  I even bought (shocking) ready made cinnamon rugelach.  I did not even have to eat them to be happy.  The aroma saturated the area and I just sat there, sniffing.  Heavenly.

Anything, I have baked has had cinnamon in it, if at all possible, for weeks.  I dream about cinnamon, talk about cinnamon and finally, this morning, I gave in and made myself stuffed French Toast with cinnamon in the filling and in the batter.  Lots of cinnamon.......

Delicious is an understatement for this delightful dish.

Stuffed French Toast

Ingredients:

4 pieces of gluten free white bread (choose type of your preference)

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or more
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten well

1 cup whipped cream cheese
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 teaspoon Canola oil

Method:
 
 Put oil and margarine in large skillet or griddle.  Heat slowly.
Cut crust off bread, if your prefer.

Combine cinnamon, vanilla, milk and eggs.  Mix well. Place in a shallow bowl.  Put aside.
Combine whipped cream cheese with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Make sandwiches.  Spread out two slices of bread.   Top with cream cheese mixture.  Top with other piece of bread.
Soak in egg mixture.  Each side should be soaked.
Turn up heat under griddle to a medium heat and put sandwiches on griddle.  Cook for two minutes on each side, being careful not to burn.  It should be a golden brown.

Remove from heat and enjoy.
Linked to Sweets this Week at Sugar Bananas  



Comments

  1. That filling sounds so yummy. What a way to make french toast into something truly decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dang! I'm gonna be making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Would love to have you share at Turning the Table Thursday...stop by every Thursday to link up!

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stuffed French Toast looks delicious. I would love to have this for breakfast. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and I look forward to seeing you again real soon. Hope you have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yummy! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you link this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost