Broccoli-Cabbage Slaw

I have made cabbage slaw and zucchini slaw but I have not made a broccoli slaw.  I decided it sounded good and off I went.  When, I started slicing the broccoli, it was just too soft for my idea of a slaw.  A change in plans was needed so I decided on a combo of cabbage, broccoli and a little bit of carrot.  Next time, I plan to use more carrot.

Broccoli-Cabbage Slaw

2 cups broccoli florets, sliced thin
2 cups shredded white cabbage
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup shredded carrot

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup Rice Milk or regular milk
1 teaspoon sugar
black pepper to taste

Method:

Combine mayonnaise, Rice milk, vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine carrot, onion, cabbage and broccoli.  Mix to integrate all vegetables.
Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.  I suggest pouring half to start with and adding as needed.
I don't eat this right away.  Give it an hour and the cabbage will soften some.  It still has some crunch but it is soft enough to keep the dressing on it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost