Friday, June 10, 2011

Broccoli-Cabbage Slaw

I have made cabbage slaw and zucchini slaw but I have not made a broccoli slaw.  I decided it sounded good and off I went.  When, I started slicing the broccoli, it was just too soft for my idea of a slaw.  A change in plans was needed so I decided on a combo of cabbage, broccoli and a little bit of carrot.  Next time, I plan to use more carrot.

Broccoli-Cabbage Slaw

2 cups broccoli florets, sliced thin
2 cups shredded white cabbage
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup shredded carrot

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup Rice Milk or regular milk
1 teaspoon sugar
black pepper to taste


Combine mayonnaise, Rice milk, vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine carrot, onion, cabbage and broccoli.  Mix to integrate all vegetables.
Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.  I suggest pouring half to start with and adding as needed.
I don't eat this right away.  Give it an hour and the cabbage will soften some.  It still has some crunch but it is soft enough to keep the dressing on it.

1 comment:

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.