Chips Galore Cookies

I won the Taste of Home Cookies cookbook, a while ago, from Reeni of Cinnamon and Spice.  This is a gold mine in easy and delicious recipes.  I use it when I bake for the servicemen, when I need many types of cookies.  I have found the recipes are easy to follow, easy to make, and easy to eat.

It is the perfect book for a family barbecue when you are looking for grab and eat desserts rather than glamorous ones or gushy ones.  I made one mousse cake for my youngest son's birthday and all the rest were brownie/blondie and chip cookies. 

This particular recipe called for a variety of nuts and chips.  I still made it a chips galore cookie by using loads of caramel and chocolate chips.  I eliminated nuts since we have an allergic grandson.


Chips Galore Cookies-adapted from Taste of Home Cookies

Ingredients:  

1 cup margarine, softened 
3/4 cup sugar 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
2 eggs 
1 tablespoon almond extract 
2-1/4 cups gluten-free flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1-1/2 cups each semisweet chocolate chips and caramel chips, mixed  

Method:

In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in extract.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Combine chips and nuts; stir into dough.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Yield: 9 dozen.  

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 191 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
alore Cookies
Hearth N' Soul with A Moderate Life,
This Weeks Cravings on Mom's Crazy Cooking,
Melt in your Mouth Monday on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms



Comments

  1. Yum, I rarely see cookies with margarine in them anymore. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!!! i feel like picking one right now! looks so sarap! :)


    Check out my POTLUCK DISH which is everybody at the campsite's fave! See yah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost