Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Goodness - CEiMB

  If you think you have seen this, elsewhere, you have.  I made a mistake and posted it on My Sweet and Savory.  Truthfully, it is good enough to be posted in both places.  I had a terrific breakfast, this morning.

Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Goodness - CEiMB

 Craving Ellie With my Belly - CEiMB


Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Honey Walnut Spread 


I am hoping each of you has a good sense of humor.  I think you will need it.  I, also, hope that Ellie forgives me for the changes, I made.

I discovered, this morning, when I started to prepare this for a yummy breakfast, there were a few problems with this recipe (FOR ME).  Please understand, I thought, I had the necessary ingredients.

The recipe calls for:
  • raisin bread - did not have - used white bread and added a few raisins to yogurt mixture
  • Greek plain yogurt - only had vanilla yogurt
  • peaches or apples - uh, um - used mango
Interestingly enough, the title of the recipe still works - Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Honey Walnut Spread , if you remove the cinnamon raisin.  I did have walnuts and honey.  OK, I made Toast with Honey Walnut Spread.  If I can stretch this, I also added the cinnamon and raisins, just not to the plain toast.

Who cares?  What I made was delicious and certainly it came from the original recipe.  My spread was a little darker and a little bumpier with the addition of a few raisins and some cinnamon.

Are you laughing at me.  Actually, I am patting myself for creativity since I ended up with a delicious breakfast, just not the breakfast, Kayte chose.  Thanks Kayte, either way, we are all eating well and you made a fabulous selection.

For the readers, this was a crunch creamy sweet and lovely dish and I know most of you will love it.

Comments

  1. Such a great way to enjoy toast. We loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many times, I've thought I had everything, but then had to make a substitution, then another, then another. It's the new combinations that make cooking fun. Your mango walnut raisin toast still looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost