Apple Pecan Muffins CEiMB

Craving Ellie in My Belly-CEiMB
Apple-Pecan Muffins 
Joanne of Apple Crumbles chose these delicious muffins for us to bake.

I  was thrilled when I saw that we were baking Apple Pecan Muffins, this week, in CEiMB because these are a favorite of my husband's.  Muffins are quick and easy to make and these were healthy, using applesauce and only 1/4 cup Canola oil.  Everything said, "good" about his recipe.

I had all my ingredients out except for the pecans and was raring to go. Alas, the pecans had disappeared.  I keep my packages of nuts in one place and that is one food item, I do not have difficulty locating.  Normally, it is sitting on the nut shelf but not today.  There were walnuts, almonds, pistachios and cashews along side of pine nuts and several different dried fruits.  There were ground nuts, chopped nuts and whole nuts.  There was even coconut.  The only item missing was my container of pecans.  

One thing, I was sure of, was this was not a crisis situation.  As much as we love pecans, the muffins were changing a bit and that is why you see Apple Walnut Muffins.  I have had both pecan muffins and walnut muffins and both are winners. With apples along side of those nuts, we were going to be happy, no matter what.

Oops! Forgot to Top with Nuts and Sugar
As you can see in this photo, I made the topping and forgot to put it on the muffins. I ended up, adding it to a cake batter for another recipe.

Thankfully, that is what happened.  We ended up with delicious, slightly sweet, fresh warm muffins.

As predicted, these were a success and hopefully will be baked many times, in the coming years and maybe, even with pecans, next time.  Thanks to Joanna for a great pick and to Ellie for yet another wonderful recipe.  You can find this recipe on Joanna's site, Apple Crumbles.  I have not seen it yet but I am betting on beautiful muffins.  Joanne makes fabulous dishes and takes photos worthy of her cooking and baking.  You can find out for yourself by stopping by and saying, "Hello."

I made a small cake out of some extra batter.

Baked Muffins

Lark's Country Heart

Comments

  1. Yum! Those look so moist and yummy! I love apple muffins, and the cake looks really good, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome yummy soft muffins.love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking muffins. I burned mine! They were good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, Chaya! I made a few extra muffins without the topping because I had some batter left over, and they were just as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walnuts sound like the perfect substitute for pecans! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up to Made it on Monday. I love making muffins. I will usually make a double batch and deliver it to a friend. And these look like everyone would like some.

    I hope you will join in often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples and walnuts are a perfect combo. And enough batter for a little cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love apple muffins and cake. It's one of my favorite flavors. Yours look perfect for breakfast. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost