Southwestern Spaghetti Strata

I love $5 dollar Dinners.  It is a place to find great recipes, organize and save money.  One of the recipes that caught my eye was this spaghetti pie.  Due to the shape of the pan, I used, I ended with a strata rather than a pie but I am pretty sure, I brought the taste and texture with me.  A major change, I made, was to remove the meat from the dish so it would be kosher.

Alea’s Southwestern Spaghetti Pie

Ingredients:
6 – 8 oz. of  GF spaghetti, cooked according to the package directions
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
14.5 oz.  can diced tomatoes, do not drain
15 oz. can black beans, drained
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar with olives)

Method:


Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside.

Brown onion and bell pepper,. Drain fat.

Stir diced tomatoes, beans, and spices into the onion mixture. Cook for several minutes, until heated through.

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add spaghetti and toss until the noodles are completely coated with the egg.

Spoon half of the spaghetti spaghetti into a greased deep baking pan.

Spoon bean mixture into the pan.

Spoon remaining spaghetti over beans.

Bake for 15 minutes at 350o.

Sprinkle cheese over the top of the strata and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the spaghetti begins to brown.




FTFBadge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Friday Food

Melt in your Mouth Monday on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Mangia Mondays

Chocolate Drool and Kisses

Comments

  1. My kids would love this! What a fun way to eat noodles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'd never heard of that site. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks SO good, Chaya. :-) Perfect weekend food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy and my son loves noodles so this would be a big hit with him! Thanks so much for linking up.
    Crystal
    www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really, really wonderful! I love spicy pasta! Thanks :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from MM. My daughter has been asking for a spaghetti pie and I think this just might work. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that sounds delicious...love to try and thanks for sharing your recipe! i would visit that site. have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a teen pleaser to me thanks for sharing come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com to see what I shared

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up to Savory Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That strata looks so yummy and cheesy. My hubby would love it. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost