Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

I am baking for Father's day.  The main dessert is going to be, I hope, a Chocolate Mousse Cake.  I have the cake part finished and it has to be frozen.  In the morning, I plan to make the mousse and ganache.  Since a few of my kids and their kids are coming, I have been thinking about child-like desserts, eaten by all, but loved by children.

One must have brownies.  I thought, it was time to try out the Family Baking Book, once again.  I am happier with these than the last recipe, I made, from the book.  

These are called Lunchbox Brownies and I chose a variation, making them Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.  I was concerned because they used plain peanut butter for the swirl.  Other recipes, I have seen, mix the peanut butter with other ingredients such as cream cheese.  This time, it did not need anything else.  The strength of the flavor, standing alone, worked.

These were so yummy, I am thinking of making them in the morning with marshmallow creme as the swirl.

They do have a frosting which I thought about making but these are rich and I am going to skip it. Thought ...........
Actually, I think I should let the grandchildren make this decision.  If they vote for it, I can throw it together in minutes and they can frost the cake.  They can even decorate it.  Frosting is sounding more and more like fun.

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Lunchbox Brownies
America's Test Kitchen
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped coarse
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Method:

 Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line and 8 in. square pan with a foil sling and grease the foil. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave, stirring often, 1 to 3 minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly.  (I don't like the slings because I can't get them to line up along the edges, carefully enough, not to have bumps and ridges.  I did it and cut off a narrow piece from all four sides.  Great snacking material....)
 
 In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. 
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until combined. 
Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated. 
 Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. 
Take 1/3 cup peanut butter and drop dollops on top of the batter and gently swirl it into the batter, leaving a pretty pattern throughout the cake.  (I used 1/2 cup of peanut butter.)
Bake the brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached 22 to 27 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. 
4. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan, set on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Remove the brownies from the pan using the foil, cut into squares and serve.


Comments

  1. absolutely stunning recipe...love d last click..:P
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate & peanut butter, a lovely combination. Looks so delicious! BTW, you missed the eggs in the ingredients. I really want to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the peanut butter swirl. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's to you and your family... and thanks for sharing this recipe...YUM!
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful. Hope you had a wonderful day with the kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, gotta love anything that has peanut butter and chocolate in it. That chocolate mousse cake sounds like a fantastic dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brownies look wonderful! I love anything with swirl, it makes them extra special! Hope you had a great Father's Day with your family. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! that looked like made by a very chef! looks so yummy and chewy! :)


    Check out my POTLUCK DISH which is everybody at the campsite's fave! See yah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks really delicious and thanks for sharing your recipe! i also baked last sunday...but just used ready mix. visiting you from YS and wishing you a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Baked goods are just love!

    Visiting via Yummy Sundays. Champorado warms our heart...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost