Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

I rarely bake for myself and I rarely bake anything that is not gluten-free.  Years ago, a cake similar to this, was my favorite.  I decided, for the holiday, I deserved my own favorite and I made it.  I goofed in one important way.  I forgot, I was working with AP flour and used my gluten-free calculation for the size of the pan.  It rose and rose and rose way above the pan and eventually sunk in the middle.  It was fine to eat, just not the prettiest cake.


Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake (adapted from All Recipes)
Ingredients
  • 1 cup canola oil minus one tablespoon
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Tofutti cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup Rice milk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method: 

  1. In a mixing bowl, cream the oil, cream cheese and 1-1/4 cups of sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Combine cinnamon, 1 cup chocolate chips and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. 
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting. 

Lost some of topping when it collapsed.

Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum




Fresh,Clean and Pure Friday,
Sweet Thursdays





Comments

  1. Perfect weekend recipe that would be a hit a our house.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake, WOW, that is awesome. I can almost taste this delicious recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks delicious to me. Almost like a big chocolate chip cookie cake. Yummy! Thanks for coming by to share your recipe :) Have a great weekend!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recipe for this that I love that uses sour cream...I make it in a bundt pan so it's really pretty too. :) Have you ever tried adapting it to be gluten free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking coffee cake! Chocolate chips makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the chocolate marbles through the cake, looks delicious. Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, see you next week! http://bit.ly/jHOrlN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost