Spicy Ginger Cashew Chicken - Secret Recipe Club

This is the first time, I am participating in The Secret Recipe Club and I must share that it was fun and enjoyable.  The blog, I was fortunate enough, to have is All Day I Dream About Food and I found many recipes to make.  I should have waited to select mine because there are a few new ones that are "must makes" and hopefully, I will get to them.  Check out the beautiful photos.

All I can say is that Carolyn has a beautiful blog and she writes with charm and intelligence.  Since, this is a new blog for me, I am thrilled to have found it and I am sure, I will be visiting often and I am even more sure, I will be making more of her recipes.

My gratitude to Amanda of Amanda's Cookin, another fantastic blog who started this and works really hard to keep it going.  I know, I speak for everyone when I share how much appreciation, I have for her creation of the Secret Recipe Club.

When push came to shove, I decided to make a dish, I love and that we would be eating right away.  I am a big fan of cashew chicken and the title spicy ginger cashew chicken made this dish, even more appealing.

Spicy Ginger Cashew Chicken from All Day I Dream About Food

2 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch  (I used cornstarch)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, if you like it hot) (hubby is not big on hot so I made it 1/4 tsp.)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (or another tbsp vegetable)
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts,
trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
3 cups broccoli florets, about 1 1/2 inches each
(I like mine lightly steamed first)
1/2 cup unsalted cashews, lightly toasted

In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Set aside.

Heat half the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl.



 Add remaining oil, and when hot, add onion and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.

Add red pepper and broccoli and continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.

 
Add cashews and cook 1 minute more, then add chicken back to pan and toss to combine.

Give soy sauce mixture a quick stir and add to the pan. Cook, stirring to coat meat and vegetables, until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.

Serves 6. Each serving has 10.6g of carbs and 2.5g of fiber.

I was right.  We thoroughly enjoyed this and I would make it again and often.  This was a successful meal and cooking with the Secret Recipe Club, a successful experience.  If you are interested, contact Amanda for more information or to join.


Homemaker Monday

Comments

  1. Welcome to the club! Your cashew chicken looks like something I would love to have for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for this month's Secret Recipe Club, stir-fries are one of my favorite one-dish meals. I love Carolyn's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks excellent. The combination of ginger and cashews is making me want an early lunch!

    I'm hit-and-miss using starches in sauces. I once ended up making a sauce that looked like grey paste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a new name for this recipe. Dinner. :)

    Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks wonderful... I am starving..I could eat this now... and it's breakfast time!
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! Welcome to SRC :) I love how easy and quick stir fry can be...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing, and this club sounds like SO much fun. I'll have to check it out. You have me very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I started using fresh ginger, I am quite generous with it; great recipe; thanks.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cashew chicken too - this recipe will definitely be on my to-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful and I love cashew chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like cashew chicken and yours with peppers and broccoli looks delicious! I've gotta check out this Secret Recipe Club.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chaya , u chose delicious , when this popped in my inbox i had to run here to see what was this all about and am so glad i did!
    Great combi , and fantastic club too :-)
    Have to check this one out and sooonnn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Carolyn's site. You did a great job with that chicken dish. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a colorful and grest sounding dish. I dont make enough stir frys but this one is inviting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost